What is Generic Imitrex?
If to compare with analgesics, which are often used to eliminate unpleasant signs of migraine
, it has several advantages. These include:
• With the help of this medication it is possible not only to alleviate the patient's condition, but also to reduce the frequency of seizures;
• The drug helps to eliminate not only the pain syndrome, but also the accompanying such symptoms as head pain;
• Side effects occur extremely rarely and are poorly expressed.
Due to the action of the active substances that make up the medicament, its reception allows to stop pain attacks and to alleviate the condition of the patient. However, Generic Imitrex helps if the instructions for its use are strictly observed.
The main active ingredient is Sumatriptan, contained in one tablet in the amount of 25, 50, 100 mg. It is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The remedy refers to the serotonergic group of drugs that have an anti-migraine effect. As a result of its reception, the following occurs:
• Narrowed vessels located in the brain;
• Decreases edema, which provokes pressure on the nerve endings;
• Oppresses the ternary nerve, which reduces pain sensitivity.
In what kind of disease treatment Imitrex is helpful?
Indications for use are migraine attacks and Horton's disease (histamine cephalgia).
What should I tell my health care provider before I take Generic Imitrex?
Medication Imitrex is not advisable for patients who have or had the following conditions:
• hepatic or renal insufficiency;
• angina pectoris;
• cardiac ischemia;
• myocardial infarction;
• pathological changes in peripheral arteries;
• ophthalmic, hemiplegic or basilar form of migraine;
• pregnancy and the period of breast-feeding;
• increased sensitivity to the components.
In addition, do not take the medicine for preventive purposes, to prevent possible attacks of head pain. Also before the therapy read the instruction which you can find in the package, especially if you prefer to buy Generic Imitrex online.
How should I take Imitrex?
This drug is taken internally. Wash down a pill with a glass of water.
The tablets are taken in accordance with the following rules:
• The biggest dosage for a single use should not exceed 0.1 g;
• At a secondary attack it is supposed to be taken repeatedly not earlier, than through 2 hours;
• The daily Imitrex dose should not exceed 0.3 g.
In addition, it is not recommended to take Imitrex from migraines 10 times during the month. This is allowed only if a similar scheme of use was prescribed by the attending physician.
What may interact with Generic Imitrex?
Do not take concomitantly with medications containing:
• Lithium salts.
The listed components, reacting chemically with the components of Imitrex, can reduce the effectiveness of the latter and have a negative effect on the human body.
In addition, you should not take Imitrex in conjunction with St. John's wort infusions or medicinal preparations containing this component. Otherwise, there may be Imitrex side effects.
What should I watch for while taking Imitrex?
The degree of exposure of the active components to the child's systems and organs has not been established, and it is also not known whether chemicals are excreted in breast milk. Therefore, Imitrex pills appointment during lactation is possible only if the effectiveness of the treatment is higher than the estimated harm.
There are a number of cases where caution is required when taking it. These include:
• age over 65;
• kidney and liver diseases;
• a violation of the functionality of the brain;
• cardiac and vascular diseases;
• children and adolescence;
Imitrex drug is usually used when necessary. If your doctor has prescribed you to use this medication regularly, use the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is already time for the next dose, skip the missed doses and continue to follow the schedule. Do not use a double dose instead of the missed one.
What side effects may I notice from Generic Imitrex?
It can not only help alleviate the condition of a patient with a particular disease, but also can cause consequences of varying severity. Is not an exception drug Imitrex. As a result of taking this medication, there may be such negative manifestations as:
• weakness and drowsiness;
• blood pressure jumps;
• impaired coordination of movements and attacks of dizziness;
• skin rashes accompanied by itching;
• a feeling of stiffness in the hands and feet;
• a feeling of dryness in the mouth;
• impaired sensitivity;
• abdominal pain;
• nausea, vomiting and diarrhea;
• muscle weakness;
• angina, bradycardia, tachycardia and other "cardiac" manifestations;
• increased excitability and irritability.
When using a solution for injection as a rescue from pain, the following unpleasant sensations can arise:
• pain and burning at the injection site;
• feeling of squeezing or constriction in different parts of the body, most often in the chest and throat;
• severe weakness and fatigue;
• tingling in the extremities.
The listed manifestations may occur in case of an overdose or in the case when the medicinal product is applied for a long period. When the recommended dose has been exceeded (300 mg per day), it is necessary to wash the patient's stomach and observe it in a hospital for 10-12 hours. In addition, therapy is performed in accordance with the symptoms.
Where can I keep Imitrex?
Shelf life is 24 months. At the end of this time, the use of a medical device is strictly forbidden. Keep it in dry place out of reach of children. Antimigrenous medication is sold in pharmacies only by the prescription of a doctor but you also can buy Imitrex without prescription online
in a lot of international pharmacies like Spain online pharmacy