Fast Drugs Sale App
What is Generic Lamisil?
It has a wide area of action, indicated for infectious lesions of the skin, hair and nails.
Terbinafine - the main ingredient of the drug manifests at low concentrations against dermatophytes, some dimorphic fungi and fungicidal properties.
It is noteworthy that Terbinafine activity against fungi may be a fungicidal or fungistatic.
Also this medication belongs to the drugs of rapid onset of action - after only 3-5 days, full recovery is from the start of treatment after 3-5 weeks.
In what kind of disease treatment Lamisil is helpful?
The main indications:
- epidermatomycosis of smooth skin of the body, triggered by dermatophytes such as Trichophyton;
- inguinal athlete;
- cracks, peeling skin and itching, athlete's foot, cornification (due to foot fungus);
- yeast skin infections provoked by fungi of the genus Candida, including diaper rash.
Also, tablets are prescribed in:
- fungal infection of the scalp;
- onychomycosis, dermatophyte triggered by fungi.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take Generic Lamisil?
The tablets Lamisil have contraindications:
- lactation period;
- up to 2 years old children (spray and tablets).
Be wary in:
- presence of tumors;
- metabolic disorders;
- renal or hepatic impairment;
- occlusive diseases regarding limb vessels;
- suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
How should I take Lamisil?
Tablets are used orally once a day. Generally, the dosage and prolonged therapy is chosen based on clinical indications solely by physician.
The recommended dosage per day:
- 1 tablet - prescribed for adults.
Concerning the children:
- ¼ of tablet - kids up to 20 kg;
- ½ of tablet - kids in weight between 20 and 40 kg;
- 1 tablet - kids weighing more than 40 kg.
When children take Lamisil is observed a good tolerance of this medicine.
The duration of the therapeutic course:
- four weeks - recommended for mycosis of the scalp, is most often observed in children;
- from two to six weeks - treatment of tinea pedis (by type of toes, interdigital, plantar);
- two - four weeks - in tinea legs and body, candidiasis of the skin;
- six to twelve weeks - for onychomycosis, 6 weeks - on the hands, 12 weeks - directly on the feet;
- six to twelve weeks - the period required for regrowth of new healthy nail, a long-term treatment - at a reduced rate of nail growth.
Patients of advanced age in the absence of functional disorders of the liver and / or kidney dose adjustment are not required.
What may interact with Lamisil?
When using Lamisil medication simultaneously with other drugs are observed:
- Increase in plasma concentrations of main substance with Cimetidine, as well as strengthening of its action;
- The weakening of the action of main substance and reducing of its concentration in blood plasma due to the likely increase in the clearance of main substance of up to 100% with Rifampicin;
- Is necessary dose adjustment of main substance at simultaneous use with inhibitors of cytochrome P450 and inductors of metabolism directly with Lamisil tablets;
- You must take into account the effects of main substance while taking Lamisil tablets with medicine, metabolism of which is carried out with the participation of cytochrome P450, with the exception of drugs metabolized by direct involving of CYP2D6;
- These pills on the clearance of Antipyrine or Digoxin does not affect, enhance the effect of caffeine;
- Is possible suppression of metabolism of tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, with inhibitors of monoamine oxidase type B and antiarrhythmic class 1A, 1B and 1C, beta-blockers by Terbinafine - if their intake is limited to minor therapeutic concentration range;
- In the properties of the drug to reduce the clearance of Desipramine, also reducing in blood plasma its concentration and reduces the effect of cyclosporine.
What should I watch for while taking Lamisil?
If you buy Lamisil online necessarily read the instruction in the package of the medication.
Are probable malfunctions of liver with ethanol and hepatotoxic drugs. On the ability to manage complex mechanisms and road transport it has no effect. In the case of tablets, if at their reception there are dizziness and other side effects that threaten during these actions then it is necessary to temporarily abandon them.
What side effects may I notice from Generic Lamisil?
With increased use of tablets is possible:
If necessary as a treatment is prescribed reception of activated carbon and symptomatic therapy.
Typically, the use of Lamisil drug is well tolerated and the possible side effects are weakly expressed, mild and have transient nature.
Possible side effects, by:
- violation of taste perception (after cessation of therapy restored within a few weeks);
- decreased appetite and consequently weight loss - in rare cases.
In isolated cases:
- cutaneous lupus erythematosus;
- anaphylactoid reaction.
- loss of appetite;
- a feeling fullness in the abdomen;
- in the abdomen - minor pain.
- aggravation of existing psoriasis;
- on the skin - psoriasis-like rash.
- hepatobiliary dysfunction (hepatic failure, including - rarely).
- increased fatigue;
- hair loss;
- are probable allergic reactions.
Where can I keep Lamisil?
Keep the medications in a dry and inaccessible to children place at the temperature about twenty five degrees.
|Lamisil (Terbinafine)||250mg × 28 pills, 250mg × 56 pills, 250mg × 84 pills, 250mg × 119 pills, 250mg × 182 pills|