Fast Drugs Sale App
Product name: Gyne-lotrimin (Clotrimazole)
What is Generic Gyne-Lotrimin?
Gyne-Lotrimin is an antifungal drug with a broad spectrum of pharmacological activity, as well as anti-bacterial and fungicidal. Clotrimazole has antimycotic action, causes inhibition of the production of ergosterol, which is a part of fungal cell membranes. These membranes are subject to change their permeability, which leads to cell lysis. In low doses, it acts fungistatic, in high - fungicide and that affects not only the proliferating cells. In high concentrations of its formulation has interaction with the enzymes inside the cells, which leads to higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide up to a toxic state.
It also has properties which has antibiotic; it has detrimental effect on gram negative (Gardnerella vaginalis, Bacteroides) and Gram positive bacteria and Trichomonas vaginalis. In addition, the drug effectively treats mold fungi, yeast-like fungi, dermatophytes, as well as pathogens of an erythrasma and multi-colored lichen.
In applying the drug Gyne-Lotrimin it is poorly absorbed through the mucous membranes and skin, almost without causing systemic effects. Its concentration in the dermis and subcutaneous tissue is lower than deep in the epidermis. In intravaginal use absorption of active substance is three to ten percent of the administered dose. Low concentrations of drug in blood plasma, as well as high - in vaginal secretions, saved from forty-eight to seventy-two hours. The medication is rapidly metabolized in the liver to inactive metabolites status.
The result of its action is to slow the formation of new or old restoration fungal cell membranes, and increasing the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in the cell subunits, which is the death of the fungal cells.
But despite the wide range of actions it still primarily affects the yeast-like fungi, dermatophytes and penicillin group of microorganisms.
In what kind of disease treatment Gyne-Lotrimin is helpful?
The drug is advisable to take in the following conditions:
- In mycosis, which are complicated by secondary pyoderma;
- For genital superinfection, which are caused by susceptible to the main ingredient bacteria;
- For genital infections, which are caused by yeast fungi of the genus Trichomonas vaginalis, Candida (trichomoniasis, vulvovaginal candidiasis);
- Fungal diseases of the skin, athlete's foot and skin folds, onychomycosis; erythrasma, pityriasis versicolor; superficial candidiasis which are caused by dermatophytes, molds, yeast and other fungi.
There are a number of indications for use during pregnancy:
- Chronic or acute form of vaginal candidiasis;
- Preventive treatment of recurrences of thrush;
- Prevention of recurrent vaginal fungal diseases, the risk that exists in immunodeficiency or impaired bacterial flora of the vagina after antibiotics.
- Ringworm, microscopy, trihofitia, paronychia fungal and other diseases that are treated comprehensively;
- In disinfection prior to delivery of the birth canal.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take Generic Gyne-Lotrimin?
This medicine is rarely manifested by any side effects, but still this drug has its own contraindications.
- In the period of menstruation.
- Individual intolerance to the drug;
- Lactation (this contraindication is relative, and depends on the factors of the disease).
During pregnancy, Gyne-Lotrimin may be appointed by a doctor not earlier than on the second or third trimester. In the first trimester its use may have an adverse effect on fetal development. As a rule, it is prescribed for the treatment of yeast infection that is most often diagnosed in pregnant women.
How should I take Gyne-Lotrimin?
Cream is used topically and applied two or three times a day on the cleaned and dry areas of the skin (cream should be rubbed gently).
Gyne-Lotrimin is available as a vaginal cream. The course of treatment is three - four weeks, and the treatment is appointed as for woman and her sexual partner.
Dosages are chosen individually, depending on the specific disease and the woman's body. Cream applied up to three times a day. The duration of their use should be determined by a physician and will depend on several factors of the disease.
The course in ringworm should be not less than four weeks, in pityriasis versicolor - from one to three weeks; fungal skin lesions legs - up to eliminate the symptoms of the disease, as well as at least two weeks after that.
What may interact with Gyne-Lotrimin?
Patients should tell a doctor about every medicine that they use to avoid undesirable effects especially spermicides.
What should I watch for while taking Gyne-Lotrimin?
It is important to remember that during the treatment, even with the disappearance of all the outward signs and symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to complete the full course prescribed by a doctor. Incomplete treatment of fungal disease may reappear after some time.
If you prefer to buy Gyne-Lotrimin online then don’t forget to read the instruction.
What side effects may I notice from Generic Gyne-Lotrimin?
Side effects may include: itchy skin, slight redness and rashes on the skin, swelling of the genitals, a slight burning sensation, and very rarely - blisters. All these allergic reactions can occur in individual intolerance.
The drug can cause:
- swelling of the vaginal mucosa (as well as the burning of the penis in men during sexual intercourse);
- intercurrent cystitis;
- frequent urination;
- pain during intercourse.
Where can I keep Gyne-Lotrimin?
Keep Gyne-Lotrimin in a dry, dark place away from the kids at a temperature below thirty degrees
|Gyne-lotrimin (Clotrimazole)||1% 15g × 1 cream, 1% 15g × 2 cream, 1% 15g × 3 cream, 1% 15g × 4 cream, 1% 15g × 5 cream, 1% 15g × 6 cream|